- DOT General Awareness and Administrative Requirements
- Shipper’s Responsibilities
- Limitations, Prohibitions, Variations and Exceptions
- Carrier Restrictions (UPS, FedEx Express, FedEx Ground)
- IATA Exempt Human and Animal Specimen Protocol
- Classification of Category A Infectious Substances, Category B Biological Substances, Exempt Human Specimens, Dry Ice, and GMOs/GMMOs
- Identification of Shipping Descriptions in the IATA List of Dangerous Goods/DOT Hazardous Materials Table
- Packing Instructions/ Packaging Authorizations
- UN- Specification Package Testing Standards (Category A)
- Proper Application of Markings, Hazard Labels, and Handling Labels
- Proper Completion of Dangerous Goods Declarations and Air Waybills
Employees who would require this training would include those who offer any of the aforementioned substances.
Those individuals may include researchers, healthcare workers, pathologists, immunologists, laboratory technicians, shipping personnel, biologists, and materials management staff.
This also includes any others who may classify and/or prepare these materials for shipment.