IATA Dangerous Goods Training
This training is designed to instruct shippers on how to properly offer dangerous goods for shipment by air according to the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Regulations. All shippers of dangerous goods, using most of the major domestic and international cargo and passenger airlines, must follow the current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods regulations. IATA conforms to the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) requirements which are referenced by the U.S. DOT. FAA strictly enforces the air regulations, and violators can have their shipments rejected and returned and/or be penalized (up to $186,610 per civil violation). IATA training is considered supplemental to, and a function-specific element of, DOT hazardous materials training. Training is required every 3 years.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Shipper’s Responsibilities
- Limitations, Prohibitions, Variations, and Exceptions
- Classification of Dangerous Goods
- Use of the List of Dangerous Goods
- General Packaging Requirements
- Packing Instructions
- UN-Specification Packaging Standards
- Proper Application of Markings, Hazard Labels, and Handling Labels
- Proper Completion of Dangerous Goods Declarations and Air Waybills
Employees who require this training include those who have a role in preparing dangerous goods for shipment by air using an airline that follows IATA (e.g., FedEx and passenger airlines).
Those roles may include any or all of the following: identifying and classifying dangerous goods, selecting or preparing packagings, labeling or marking packagings, and reviewing or preparing dangerous goods declaration forms.
IATA training is considered supplemental to, and a function-specific element of, DOT hazardous materials training, and is required every 36 months. This training may serve as a refresher or initial training.
If you plan on supplying your own copy of the Dangerous Goods Regulations book while in attendance at the training, please enter the coupon code: NoDGRBook upon checkout to save $300.
Remaining 2019 Training Dates:
- 12/11/2019 - 12/12/2019 at the Courtyard Boston/Woburn North (700 Unicorn Park Drive, Woburn, MA)
- 12/11 Day 1: 8:30AM - 4:30PM
- 12/12 Day 2: 8:30AM - 12PM
2020 Training Dates:
- Thursday, March 19th - Friday, March 20th, 2020 at the Courtyard Boston/Woburn North (700 Unicorn Park Drive, Woburn, MA)
- 3/19 Day 1: 8:30AM - 4:30PM
- 3/20 Day 2: 8:30AM - 12PM
- Thursday, June 11th - Friday, June 12th, 2020 at the Courtyard Boston/Marlborough (75 Felton Street, Marlboro, MA)
- 6/11 Day 1: 8:30AM - 4:30PM
- 6/12 Day 2: 8:30AM - 12PM
- Thursday, September 10th - Friday, September 11th, 2020 at the Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area (31 Hampshire Street, Mansfield, MA)
- 9/10 Day 1: 8:30AM - 4:30PM
- 9/11 Day 2: 8:30AM - 12PM
Arrive at 8:00AM for sign-in on all days.
Meet your Lead Instructor:
Douglas Graham, CHMM is our Senior EH&S Practice Director at Triumvirate Environmental. Doug has 26 years of EH&S training, consulting, auditing and program development experience and has provided over 12,000 hours of training. Doug is a nationally recognized trainer, annual guest instructor at the New England Chapter CHMM prep course, developer of an award-winning innovative online hazmat training program, and a contributing author for EHS Journal.